Thursday, November 9, 2017

Quick Reviews: Spider-Man Homecoming

After I failed to see this one in Theaters (it happens), I finally got to see this in my Home.  How was it?
In the wake of The Battle For New York, Adrian Toomes' business is ruined by Tony Stark's new Damage Control.  In response, he takes some Chitauri tech to make weapons...
In the Present, we see Spider-Man, a young Hero recruited by Iron Man and given a fancy suit.  Even so, he still not treated like an Adult (which he isn't).
He tries to help people in Brooklyn, but keeps running into schemes from Vulture.  Iron Man continues to watch over him.
Can Peter prove to be the Hero that he wants to be?  Is Iron Man right to not trust him?
 Can Spider-Man save his friends in The Washington Monument?  How did they rebuild it so fast after Astro Zombies M-4?
As things get bigger and Spider-Man loses all of his new toys, can he stop The Vulture?

To find out, watch the Film.
Man, I wish that I saw this one in Theaters!  While I would never pay for 3-D (as I don't like headaches), this one must look great on a giant Screen.  On a small Screen, it is still damn good.  Everyone really works here, from the big roles like Spider-Man to smaller roles like Flash Thompson to The Gym Teacher (below).  Holland really impressed me in Edge of Winter and really nailed this role.  I don't know if I like him better than Tobey McGuire though, but he's damn good.  Michael Keaton really does a great job with The Vulture too, taking a one-note Villain and making him into a real guy (that dressed like a giant, metal Vulture).  Is he the best MCU Villain?  It is hard to top Loki, but he's certainly more up there than anyone could have guessed that The freaking Vulture would be!  We also get Bokeem Woodbine in a Billion-Dollar Film- which must be a first.  The Plot is quite good, thankfully having some big moments that aren't SPOILed by the Trailers.  Seriously- stop that!  I'm certainly someone who rails against the overuse of CGI and this one...uses a lot of it well.  I can accept a man climbing on an invisible plane over NYC being CG.  The whole thing really worked for me, giving us plenty of heart, humor and Action.  If you haven't seen it, do so.  I also like this odd to continuity, even if it is played for a joke...
A really-damn-good Film that lived up to all of the hype.  Marvel does their own Character right- what a shock!

No comments:

Post a Comment