Friday, January 29, 2016

Quick Reviews: Rotor DR-1

I have no problem going into a Film blind.  Sometimes, however, a Film is just...well, not interesting.  For example...
In a bleak future, a vague disease has led to the death of millions.  Not so fun.
Aside from a small number of people, the biggest survivors: Drones.
Our Hero- a young man searching for his missing father- finds the DR-1 drone and revives it.
He works with some other survivors to try and find his dad.  They walk around, play with the drones and...
...yeah, this is boring.  Sorry, dude.  The End.
 Yeah, I couldn't muster the interest.  There's nothing really wrong with Rotor DR-1, as far as I could tell.  It was shot alright, the Sound was in synch and all the usual 'stuff that goes wrong' is absent.  It just wasn't interesting.  All of the interesting stuff- the mysterious virus and the breakdown of society- was just told to have happened.  In its place, Drones.  Yeah, that's it.  I don't really find Drones flying around to be all that interesting.  Am I wrong?  If you find that interesting, this Movie will work for you.  It didn't for me.  Take it away, 2014 Kevin Smith...
It isn't bad...it just didn't interest me all that much.  If you love bleak Sci-Fi and drones, this is your Film.  If not, well, don't say that I didn't warn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment