Friday, September 18, 2015

Quick Reviews: Predestination (2014)

After a ton of hype for this Film, I had no choice but to check it out.  Should I go back and stop myself though?
Ethan Hawke is a Cop that works for a secret organization who tries to stop crimes before they happen.  He has one last Case to solve...
The Fizzle Bomber has eluded him, but he will keep trying.  Things go awry on the attempt, however, and things get, well, complicated.
To be honest, this Plot is so complicated and wrapped up amongst itself that is hard to say much without saying TOO much.

Basically, Hawke is sent to recruit someone in the 1970s and gets their life story.  Can they stop the Bomber?
Can Hawke follow his orders as they get tougher and tougher?
What secrets will be revealed before all this is over?

  I'm not telling.  The End.
Crap- this is complicated.  To be fair, everything is all wrapped up in the End...even if it is still trippy as hell.  There are no unanswered questions here and they do play fair.  It all makes sense...as much as is possible.  This is a Story by Robert A. Heinlen (at least, originally), so that is no surprise.  It is interesting to see Hawke do really interesting and different Films like this, while also doing stuff like Sinister.  What a bi-polar Career!  This one is definitely for everyone with its odd Pacing, complex Narrative and Sci-Fi Roots.  For those of you who stay for the whole journey, you are rewarded with something interesting and pretty damn good.  I wish that I could say more, but I dare not SPOIL it for anyone who doesn't know the Story or hasn't seen this yet.  I can say that I haven't seen a Film so obsessed with showing me dates on a Picture since Texas Chainsaw...
Seriously, this is all that it was sold to me as.  If you're the audience for this one, you're in luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment