Saturday, March 22, 2014

Project Ennui: Generation Um...

Let's close this Round out with a...*yawn* bang...or whatever.
Wow.  This is just...wow.  Today's film is Generation Um..., a film about...nothing.  Sorry, Seinfeld!  This film is just...well, I have very little to say.  I will try to pad this out to look respectable though.  If I could condense the film down to two words, it would be 'arty bullshit.'  I guess this makes us even, Bob.  I would tell you about the Story, but there's not much to say.  I will say that the film has a 0% Rating on Rotten Tomatoes, but didn't lose about $200 million like Keanu Reeves' last film.  Speaking of which, why are you here?  You stopped Acting for awhile and you came back for stuff like this?  Did you really just want to turn 'Sad Keanu' into a film (like some have suggested)?  To find out (a little) more about this 'film,' read on...
The film begins with Keanu quietly driving two ladies back to their Apartment.  The tone is set properly as the duo have a discussion about whether to say 'shit' or 'shat.'

I already want to punch all of these people.  They're not villains, mind you- just annoying people.
You want to know what this movie is about?  It's about these people going places, looking forlorn and...that's pretty much it.

This isn't even a still frame- it's a GIF!
Seriously, I have nothing left to say about this crap.  I made it half an hour...but I'm pretty sure that nothing changes.

I have more important things to do with my life.  For example...
The Cleveland Show is on Netflix Streaming.  It is a funny show, as represented by this out-of-context shot.
So is Ultimate Spider-Man.  Did you know that there's an Episode Guest-Starring Bob's favorite Comic Book Character Deadpool?  There is.

Instead of pretending to care about Keanu Reeves' moping, enjoy this shot of the duo seemingly air-humping.  The End.
It's more like Generation Ugh...!  I don't have a problem with you making Arty Films.  I don't have a problem with you making pretentious bullshit (even if I call it pretentious bullshit).  What I have a problem with is making a non-movie as some sort of statement.  This film has no point.  It is apparently proud of that.  Why?  Seriously, I'm asking you a question!  Have a point!  I can say that the film is Acted well enough (for what little happens) and shot well.  If something of any note happened, I would give this a pass.  Since this is just some sort of experiment in wasting people's time, I can only respond with this message from my favorite Leprechaun...
Next up, a rare piece of TV History.  It's a unique film...and a giant, unintentional tease.  Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Screw Deadpool.

    Yeah, sounds like the film was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be: a really well-filmed look at something about as interesting as watching paint dry.

    ReplyDelete